The Georgia Federation of Democratic Women is the official Georgia chapter of the National Federation of Democratic Women. Founded in 1971, NFDW is the Democratic National Committee’s official women’s organization and receives one seat on the DNC Executive Committee and three seats on the DNC. Likewise, the Georgia Federation of Democratic Women hold one seat on the Democratic Party of Georgia Executive Committee.
The Democratic Party and women share common values and priorities, including supporting our families, protecting our country, and advancing the issues that matter most to women of all ages and ethnicities. Our elected Democratic leaders in Congress and across the country continue to work tirelessly to advance progress for women in every respect. That’s why women vote Democratic.
The Georgia Federation of Democratic Women engages women in our democracy through a wide array of political activities, including providing its members with substantive information, discussion, and action items, along with opportunities to hear from and interact with party leaders. We strive to raise the political awareness of women in Georgia.
As members of the Georgia Federation of Democratic Women, we believe in the value of the individual and that government, while protecting life, liberty, and the property of individuals, must also be responsive to their collective needs and wills. To this end we encourage full, timely, and equal opportunity for all and promote the election of candidates for local, state, and national office who will serve with competence, common sense, and compassion. To live up to these values, we plan and organize meetings and programs both on the state level and in our local chapters around the state.
We have been working around the state in various counties engaging women and educating voters. We have grown in presence and leadership, and have been empowered, inspired and successful in our journey.
We have increased our family size to include (3) new chapters over the past 12 months; one in Barrow county, and the 4th congressional district in Newton and Rockdale counties; and let us not forget about the visibility we have in Wilkinson County. As an organization, GFDW has embraced each of the new chapters and invited them into our circle of sisterhood to embody the mission of GFDW, which is:
- To promote and encourage qualified women to seek political office and to serve on government boards and agencies and
- To promote the election of Democrats in all levels of government,
- To support or oppose various educational and social programs that are of concern to women in the state of Georgia.
We started 2017 by:
- Marching in the Women’s March for Solidarity in Atlanta and Washington, DC
- Hosting the Women in Blue Day at the State Capitol
- Lobbying and advocating for good legislation at the State Capitol
- Hosting the Annual Spring Luncheon
- Holding Women’s Wednesday’s around the state weekly until Election Day
- Canvassing, phone banking, and campaigning to “Flip the 6th” Congressional District
- Hosting the 46th Annual National Federation of Democratic Women’s Convention
Join the Georgia Federation of Democratic Women in your local county. We are looking for women that want to make a difference at the local, state and national levels. We work diligently to identify issues impacting women, children and families and work to make a difference regarding legislation through:
- Serving as advocates for or against legislation
- Hosting forums and educating voters
- Identifying women that are ready to serve as leaders
- Changing the Democratic landscape
Kathy Adams – President
Carlotta Harrell – First Vice President
June Krise – Second Vice President
Roslyn Williams-GFDW Recording Secretary
Annetta Fisher – Treasurer
9th District Democratic Women’s Network – (9th Congressional District)
- President – Jennifer McCall – email@example.com
- President – Sally Holmes – firstname.lastname@example.org
- President – Janet Mooney – email@example.com
Cobb Democratic Women
- President – Jessica Brooks – Jrozbrooks@gmail.com
DeKalb Democratic Women
- President – Gloria Wilson Moore – firstname.lastname@example.org
Democratic Women’s Council of Douglas County
- President – Rita Fasina-Thomas – email@example.com
Fannin Federation of Democratic Women
- President – Rosanne Johnston – firstname.lastname@example.org
Fayette Democratic Women
- President-Pearline Greene – Prinstack2@aol.com
Forsyth Democratic Women
- President – Angela Scott – email@example.com
Fulton County Democratic Women
- President – OPEN
Gwinnett County Democratic Women
- President – Bianca Keaton – firstname.lastname@example.org
Hall County Democratic Women
- President – Pat Calmes – email@example.com
Henry County Federation of Democratic Women
- President – Cherise Hollis – Cherisehollis@gmail.com
Middle Georgia Democratic Women — (Houston County)
- President – Wendy Kane – firstname.lastname@example.org
Muskogee County Democratic Women
- President – Patricia Lassiter – email@example.com
Rockdale/Newton Democratic Women’s Club
- President Debbie Hillman- firstname.lastname@example.org
South Metro Democratic Women’s Council – (South Fulton County)
- President – Gloria Jenkins– email@example.com
Southern Crescent Democratic Women – (Clayton County)
- President – Elizabeth Armstrong – firstname.lastname@example.org
Valdosta Federation of Democratic Women
- President – OPEN
Start a GFDW Chapter in Your County!
Contact any of our officers for information and guidance on starting new chapters. They will be glad to assist.
Join us on Facebook